Tuesday, December 11, 2007

No Time to Bore Anyone

Holiday distractions abound. I’m still training but I know most of you are short of time and might not be that interested in reading my running ramblings. The 26.2 with Donna group is kicking butt. Two weeks ago part of the group participated in a short training run in Jacksonville Beach while another portion of the group ran a 5k race supporting breast cancer. Last weekend, Saturday morning (December 8) about 180 foundation runners showed up at the Baldwin Rail Trail for a mixed bag of running efforts. All runners training for the February 17 marathon and half marathon started the twenty mile run in the darkness at 6:15 am. IT WAS AWESOME!!!
Oh wait…..
You just read that and thought to yourself…. NOOOO!!!!!
Saturday morning…sleep in, comfy bed, big breakfast, read the newspaper, cleaning, etc….

Ok, I understand… no time to bore you with the details but, WE HAD A GREAT TIME!

So, a quick reference to this weeks sketch:
I’ve spent the last three weeks trying to figure out a design for the inaugural 26.2 run t-shirt. My original thought was to use runners in the final design however I never liked any of the graphic solutions. The runners in the sketch (with this post) were part of my process. Eventually I gave up on using runners for the final marathon t-shirt but I wanted to share the sketch that was developed.
Hopefully I will be able to present the final design for the shirt in the next couple weeks.

Please keep the support coming.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kurtis

Thank you for the stories and the support that you give to the cause!

Cara that lives across the street from me, you are also one great soul!! Keep on running!!!

Tammie AKA TAS

Anonymous said...

Kurtis,

I just found you today and am very impressed with your blog. I run with Dawn and the Renegades and the course leaders are doing an amazing job.

the koolaid (endurox) ithat we are drinking after the run is amazing. 24 hours after the run and I feel totally recovered.

But this is some serious mileage and for the next 7 weeks, I will be paying more attention to my training and to my nutrition.

I met an angel on the last 4 miles of the run and would have probably have needed to hitch a ride from Ike had she not been there; Janet you were a gift from above. God bless you!

geneva

Anonymous said...

Kurt,
Your work is wonderful. I am interested in seeing something that represents the diverse group of runners, though. Have I missed something?