Monday, January 14, 2008

Goose Bumps

As I look through the pictures from Saturday mornings 7.5 mile training run the obvious struck. In just over a month the runners that will share our beach roads will not be twenty or 200 it will be at least five thousand. Reality is beginning to set in. Chills, goose bumps, nervous energy, you name it, I’ve got it (and I’m not even in charge).
This is a very exciting time for SOOOOOOOOO many reasons.
Here’s my top 10 list of “Why it’s exciting to be a participant in the Inaugural 26.2 with Donna Marathon”.

10) The first “national” marathon (worldwide) to ever target breast cancer research and support.
9) Over five thousand running participants from all over the world.
8) Five to Ten thousand local volunteers.
7) Major money and awareness
6) Hundreds of people getting into shape
5) Thousands of people getting life changing support.
4) North East Florida beach communities will be showcased
3) North East Florida hospitality will be shared
2) New friendships will be made
1) This is only the beginning

WOW, this is fun!!
Next week we run 26.2 miles (gulp!)
I hope my feet hold out. This past week I put about 36 miles of running into my schedule.
Every morning I limped out of bed questioning what I was trying to do.
I know what’s going on and should be able to fix the problem. I just have to make the time.

Before I end my post, I want to give a shout out to Ike.
After our Saturday morning run I shared breakfast with Ike — another representative of Jacksonville’s finest (sheriffs department). I am so encouraged that men like Ike exist and work so tirelessly on behalf of local citizenry. There was no reason I expected my day to be any different than a typical run with our group but, Ike shared wisdom and personal knowledge that left me feeling so grateful and optimistic about the men that protect us.

Thank you for your courage.

Phil, THAT GOES FOR YOU AS WELL!!

I’m looking forward to Saturday.
Hope you like the new paintings and photos.

No comments: